Sunday, August 23, 2009

Owlie, My Newest Plush.

Meet Owlie, he's the newest member of our homemade plush toy family and he's so cute! Now, I say he, but I think he is in fact a she, because A. she is pink and B. she has pretty eyelashes!

I've been really lazy in taking step by step photos of my projects as I do them, so I'll just give you the gist of it.

First, I cut the pattern of the owl, kinda roundy with ears thing.

I wanted her big so the sewing would be easier, and it was good that way because my eye-balling it method wasn't under much scrutiny.

Then, I cut out felt eyes, eyelashes, beak, and wings.

I hand sewed the felt to the fabric of Owlie's body.

Then i turned it all inside out, pinned it, and took out my sewing machine and did the outline of Owlies body.

I then left a little bit of space underneath, turned her inside out, and stuffed her.  She's a chubby little girl, she took up almost the whole bag of stuffing whereas my Octopus didn't!

I hand sewed the bottom opening and then sewed a line of buttons over it, so she had a button base.

Isn't she the cutest? And she fits right at home with my owl collection (pics to come!)



**Note, I have also been lazy in using my camera, these are cell phone pics, so the colors aren't as good as they could be!

Till next time my friends!

x

3 comments:

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

I love owls. Yours is too cute. I just checked out a cool book from the library, Sweater Surgery. You'd like it. :)
It shows you how to make stuff out of felted wool sweaters. I was thinking of making some cute bunnies or something. Need to go down to Salvation Army on 1/2 off Wednesday and get a supply of wool sweaters. :)

melissa said...

super cute yo! I say make 100..ok like 10 more and sell them :)

... and its cute! said...

Ashley: I wish I lived in a city where I could find supplies, Vail is nice, but all we have is wal-mart and they just got rid of their fabric center :( Enjoy making your sweater pals!

Melissa: working on it, but now I started school so I have to study :(